[Owncloud] Re: How translate owncloud.

Jan-Christoph JanCBorchardt at fsfe.org
Fri Jul 15 11:41:00 UTC 2011

I edited and simplified it a bit for translators:

1. Get a po-file editor, for example Lokalize or Gtranslator.

2.1 Language files are in l10n/. If there’s no folder for your language
yet, copy the templates folder, rename it to your language shortcode (fr,
de, …) & edit file extensions from .pot to .po
2.2 Developers only update the pot files in templates. Use the function of
your program update your po file.

3. Translate

4.1 Create the files used by ownCloud via terminal: cd owncloud/l10n/ &&
perl l10n.pl write
4.2 This script requires Locale::PO, installable via apt-get install
liblocale-po-perl

And thanks for translating!