[Owncloud] Re: GSOC brainstorming.

Frank Karlitschek karlitschek at kde.org
Wed Jan 26 17:48:39 UTC 2011

On 26.01.2011, at 17:42, Hasanat Kazmi wrote:

> Hello List,
> Please let me introduce myself, I am Hasanat Kazmi, I started and
> failed to monetize drop-box like service much before dropbox came on
> the scene. I also worked on rsync in my undergrad final year project
> and wrote a research paper (though didn't publish it after graduating)
> I also participated in GSOC in 2009 for Sahana, I also applied for
> owncloud in GSOC in 2010 but unfortunately didnt get.
>
> I have been silently observing owncloud mailing list and wiki for last
> year. I have noticed that pace of development of owncloud is really
> slow.

I´m not sure I agree. If you look at the git commits you see a lot of activity. :-)

> Looking at the Technology Brainstorming page at wiki, I think I can be
> best utilized by working on P2P sync between server through NAT as I
> have prior experience of p2p syncing in Sahana. I was just wondering
> that how much you guys (specially Frank Karlitschek) are interested in
> this? I also couldn't find any information on wiki about progress (if
> any) on this.

This sounds interesting. But I don´t fully understand what you mean. It would be great if you could a more details description if you suggestion to this list.

> Moreover, what are some other areas where you guys would like work
> during this year's SOC?

We have no decision if and what we do for GSOC this year.

Do you have suggestions?  :-)