[Owncloud] Re: Ideas for improving owncloud

Fabio Alessandro Locati flocati at grimp.eu
Thu Feb 24 10:48:52 UTC 2011

2011/2/24 Klaas Freitag <freitag at kde.org>

> > The problem with git,  is sharing, not the versioning ;)
> Why don't we investigate to implement the WebDAV sharing extension? It's
> described here: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3253

I think that document speaks about versioning and not sharing.

> And what is meant with "sharing"? Can we elaborate on this a bit more? I
> was
> thinking a web resource, protected by groups and user permissions is
> already
> very good at sharing?

That's a very good question. When I speak about sharing, I think about a
system that allows me to choose with whom (persons or groups) I would like
to share a given file (or folder) and allows me to establish how much power
do they have on the file I shared (read only,  read/write, adminship). I
also think about some kind of 'hot links' that I can give to anyone I like
to see for a given amount of time (in days, time that the url is opened,
etc) the document.

Regards,
Fabio