[Owncloud] Checksum for source file.

Nicolas Berens nicnameb at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 13:25:36 UTC 2011

What would be the benefit of this?
As a Feature against file corruption? this is done on the TCP  Level.
As a Feature against Man in the Middle attacks? If someone Can Change the
file in a MITM Attack he would be also able to change the checksum shown on
the website.
As a Feature against break ins on the Owncloud server? if someone changes
the file there, he will also change the checksum

The only reasons for checksums are, if the file is hostet on untrusted
mirrors