[Owncloud] Database access for apps.

Côme BERNIGAUD come.bernigaud at laposte.net
Fri Aug 26 16:56:13 UTC 2011

I think owncloud should provide an API for accessing databases in the
apps code.
Apps code should not contain any SQL code.
An app should be able to easily store and retrieve information linked to
the current user.
"I, docsapp, want to save that the connected user have this object with
this properties"

Basically the app should be able to do something like objectid =
OC_Database::store(userid,id) (the object would be serialized to be
inserted in the database)
And then OC_Database::get_object(objectid) and
OC_Database::get_objectsids(userid)
Maybe all these should takes as first parameter the name of the app. (so
that it use a separate base/table for each app)

This should preferably work both from PHP and Javascript.

Côme.