[Owncloud] tagging 2.0 alpha 1

Frank Karlitschek karlitschek at kde.org
Mon Aug 22 13:31:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

I think we should release a first snapshot of 2.0 called "alpha 1" soon.
It´s, of course, always difficult to pick a release date because we are working like crazy and there is always the next "nearly done" feature which could be included.
But we have to release something so that we can get more feedback from users.

I will tag it this friday 18:00 CEST of no one objects.
We have a feature freeze between Thursday 18:00 and Friday 19:00 where only commits of bugfixes are allowed.

I suggest to release all "Apps" we have in development at the moment to get more feedback. We can exclude some of them in the 2.0 final release if we see in the beta releases that they don´t reach release quality.

Hope that this is O.K. with everybody.

Cheers
Frank

Frank Karlitschek