[Owncloud] Re: ownCloud 1.1 RC1 releases

Pascal d'Hermilly pascal at dhermilly.dk
Fri Oct 29 21:12:55 UTC 2010

Wohoo! Yay thank you guys!

*Bugs until now:*
-in the first run wizard: "Administrator" is spelled wrongly as "Administartor" although I suppose it could be a pun ;-)
- There is a music link - but it greets you with "nothing here yet :-)" - thats quite a disapointment when you were thinking "Yay a media player!"
- in Files>Upload: The "File Too Large" message is too easily overseen as I was wondering why it wasn't uploading - and did it 3-4 times before noticing (only because I was trying to debug)
-In settings menu: "Management" is wrongly spelled "Managment" - both in Plugin and User. Thumbs up for consistency though ;-)

*Small things that would be nice to have:*
-It is not clear what the "automatic backup" option means in the first run wizard.
- A hint of how/where to get more plugins
- On the website - how to make plugins should perhaps be a bit more clear - perhaps with an example

*Thoughts*
There seems not to be much more "functionality" than the File storage. Wasn't this in 1.0 as well? I understand the need to deploy a 1.1 to get the new plugin system out though. It will allow for a broader community.

Cheers! I'm glad to see this project releasing :-)

Pascal