[Owncloud] Re: Mockup (1 - Files)

Andrej Čremožnik andrej.cremoznik at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 20:56:57 UTC 2010

Left click is reserved for opening folders, pointing directly to files or
simply following links.

As for right click at least I would expect it to open the default browser
menu. If you asked me why I preferred it over anything custom, it's because
it offers me quick access to extensions I use with my browser. Also, "save
link" is very important, because left-clicking a text file would probably
load it inside the browser and I might want to save it to disk. "Open in new
window/tab" is also important.

I know it's tempting to mimic a desktop file manager as much as possible but
I honestly believe that choice would sacrifice too much of the uniqueness of
a web browser. And besides, how do you right click on a touch screen device?
:)

Andrej Čremožnik