[Owncloud] Re: Templating engine or not?

Frank Karlitschek karlitschek at kde.org
Tue Nov 9 10:54:02 UTC 2010

Hi,

I´m personally not a big fan of templating engines in PHP for stuff beside
static webpages like corporate websites.

Sometimes they are not powerful enough and limit the functionality of the frontend.
Or they are powerful and are something like a programming language inside a programming language.
Which is a bit stupid in my opinion because PHP was developed to be exactly that. :-)

And webdesigners also have problems to contribute because they have to learn the complex template language.

So I´m personally not a big fan of this idea but if the majority wants to do this please go forward.

Cheers
Frank

--
Frank Karlitschek