[Owncloud] owncloud in android

Robin icewind1991 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 15:43:37 UTC 2010

On Friday, May 14, 2010 17:32:29 Jakob Sack wrote:
> > > it's possible create a version mobil about index.php of owncloud.
> > >
> > > what you think?
> >
> > It sounds like a good plan to have a versions that is optimized for
> > smaller screens. I will look if I can make something for it.
>
> You could use templates (with smarty?). Depending on the device you return
> another template. This solution would seperate code and layout, a huge
> advantage IMO.
> The downside is that you produce more overhead (loading and parsing of the
> template) and that possibly different browsers/frontends require a complete
> different way of handling the data.
I think the problem will be that most of the site's content is generated with
javascript

I'm currently trying some things with a different css file for andoid/iphone/etc
devices with some optimizations for small screens and it seems to work out fine
(although I can only test it by resizing my browser window since I lack any
mobile internet device)

 - Robin Appelman