[Owncloud] Webdav from Dolphin rejects server?

Bugs Bane bugsbane at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 06:02:05 UTC 2010

Hi there,

I managed to install OwnCloud without any real problems on my server. I'm
now able to log in at http://owncloud.mydomain.com:80 via my browser and get
to the "Upload File" / Files / Music / Log / Settings / Logout screen.

When I try to create a webdav folder in Dolphin though, I repeatedly just
get:
"Unable to connect to server. Please check your settings and try again."

For credentials I'm using:
NAME: {arbitary created new name. no spaces or special characters}
USER: Same username that I logged into the web interface with
SERVER: Same url I logged into the web interface with (force SSL is set to
false)
PORT: Left at 80
FOLDER: set to /
USE ENCRYPTION: Turned off

Am I doing something wrong or is this just something known in the current
code? I was just surprised because I heard a couple of people say they were
already able to connect via webdav.

I['m hoping to get this figured out, so I can start contributing to the wiki
with a "How to install and update" guide... :)