[Owncloud] [Usability] FLOSS alternative to Dropbox – GNOME + KDE collaboration?

Frank Karlitschek karlitschek at kde.org
Tue Mar 23 15:23:51 UTC 2010

Hi Stormy,

this sounds great. I think KDE and GNOME should definitely work together here.

Please note that the idea of onwCloud is that everybody can host it individually. A hosted solution is of course also possible.
At the beginning we plan to have a file hosting solution like dropbox, but the idea is to have a lot more features in the future like an individual music server or a photo gallery.

Your offer to host it on the GNOME infrastructure sounds interesting. Do you think this can be done for free for everybody with hosting fees?

Cheers
Frank