[Owncloud] [Usability] FLOSS alternative to Dropbox – GNOME + KDE collaboration?

Mario Đanić mario.danic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 15:00:31 UTC 2010

Stormy,

its very nice to say that GNOME Foundation is willing to host the
services part. My initial talk with Mairin, when we were not aware of
OwnCloud is to use ssh account. But this makes it so much better!

Please also note that OwnCloud is supposed to be more then just plain
Dropbox replacement.

As part of my GSoC work on the GNOME desktop client, I would be more
then willing to evaluate the requirements, document and setup the
server in the best way I know (cache-ing, etc, etc - I do freelance
sysadmin tasks in my "free time". Of course, all this is under the
assumption that I get accepted ;)

Cheers,
Mario