[Owncloud] Problem with accented characters

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Tue Jun 29 00:45:11 UTC 2010

Hi, people. I am testing version 1.0, and found a number of issues.
What is the correct address for bug reports? I am sending some here:

A) On all pages I get a line saying: <b>Notice</b>:  Uninitialized
string offset:  0 in
<b>/home/vhostadmin/www/owncloud/inc/lib_base.php</b> on line

I imagine this is related to running owncloud on a subdirectory of the
webserver, mapped to a virtual name.

B) When you upload a file that has accents on the name it will get
created in data. But you can no longer load the file browser: clicking
on files will display nothing. Deleting the file from the data
subdirectory makes it possible to view the other files again. Test
with a file named "QuestionĂ¡rio nĂºmero1.doc"

C) When you upload a file with spaces in the filename ("foo bar.doc")
then it will be displayed, but when you download the SAVE AS dialog in
the browser will only show "foo" as the suggested filename.

D) Click on MORE ACTIONS. Now create a folder. Without closing the
more actions subwindow, select the folder in the main pane. Try to
upload a file. It will be uploaded into root. Now click MORE ACTIONS
again to hide it. Click again to display it, after navigating to the
folder you have created. Now the upload will occur to the right
location.

BTW, I am using SQlite as the backend, Debian Lenny on the server. I
would love to help development, hope to catch some of you during
Akademy.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini