[Owncloud] ownCloud 1.0 installation problem

alex palamidis alejaaandro.pal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 17:40:40 UTC 2010

Hi to everyone, congrats on the release of 1.0 version..
I read about owncloud some time ago and i was excited and waiting for
a release in order to try it. Unfortunately i have some issues so i
can't try it. Hopefully you can help me figure if it's me (and help me
solve it) or if there's a bug (not sure if this is the place for this,
but couldn't find where to report bugs other than the mailing list)

Owncloud is in
/var/www/owncloud
and i'm trying to install it with mysql.

When letting owncloud create the mysql user and database i get
"can not connect to database as administrative user."
even though i 've triple checked mistyping the info in "database
administrative user:" and "database administrative password:"

If i manually create the user and db trough phpmyadmin and uncheck
"create database and user:" i get the following, even though i've
granted all permissions to user "owncloud" for "owncloud" db.

DB Error: "MDB2 Error: unknown error"
Offending command was: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `locks` ( `token`
varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `path` varchar(200) NOT NULL DEFAULT
'', `created` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `modified` int(11) NOT
NULL DEFAULT '0', `expires` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `owner`
varchar(200) DEFAULT NULL, `recursive` int(11) DEFAULT '0',
`writelock` int(11) DEFAULT '0', `exclusivelock` int(11) NOT NULL
DEFAULT '0', PRIMARY KEY (`token`), UNIQUE KEY `token` (`token`), KEY
`path` (`path`), KEY `path_2` (`path`), KEY `path_3` (`path`,`token`),
KEY `expires` (`expires`) )

ps. the config.php file is empty even after i run the installer
(permission is set so "others" can read/wirte).. This seems strange to
me, but it might be ok if the file is supposed to be written after a
successful configuration. Just thought i should mention it

Finally, i tried writing my own config file using config.sample.php
but then i just get an empty page when going to the owncloud
directory..

Any ideas what's wrong or how i am messing this up?
Any help would be really appreciated.

--
alejaaandro