[Owncloud] Would like to help, having some trouble setting up git

Aaron Reichman areichman.kde at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 18:23:44 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm not really a coder but there are a few changes I'd like to submit to
owncloud. Most of them are really small things like spelling and
capitalization changes but ideally I'd work my way up to bigger stuff. I
have a live owncloud setup running and I update it to the current master
branch once a week or so. My own local copy has a couple of changes in it
that I want to contribute. Maybe this is the wrong place to ask this but I
figured I'd start here since I haven't found any good tutorials online: Can
anybody help me get git set up in such a way that I can keep using the
master branch on my server and still submit changes? I'd really appreciate
any help or links to good articles on how to accomplish that.

Thank in advance,
Aaron