[Owncloud] Quick question

zander at kde.org zander at kde.org
Thu Aug 19 11:09:38 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 18. August 2010 18.06.20 Jos van den Oever wrote:
> Thanks for the link. This is certainly on our radar, perhaps even using
> wave  or a similar protocol.

To avoid any communication problems I want to add that the stuff that Pierre
has been working on with the koffice change-tracking and, on top of that, the
collaborative editing is meant to avoid having a central server.
The google wave protocol is specifically meant to *use* a central server and
the concepts its build on have gotten improvements in later research.

While obviously the idea of using something already coded is attractive and
any effort in that direction won't be stopped by me, I think its fair to point
out thats not what the KOffice core peeps set their hearts on.

See the mail on 14-july on both these lists (subject 'Suggestions') for more
info.

--
Thomas Zander