D18179: PDF: Implement scaling for non-rasterized printing

Michael Weghorn noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 12 12:54:46 GMT 2019

michaelweghorn added a comment.

  In D18179#391664 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18179#391664>, @aacid wrote:

  > Maybe an enum is better than a bool so if in the future more scaling options are implemented we don't need to change the signature again?

  Sounds reasonable. I'll change that in the next version.

INLINE COMMENTS

> aacid wrote in fileprinter.h:82
> this is not binary compatible, we try not to break the binary compatibility of the okular public classes.
>
> Add another method (without the default values) and make this one call the new one.
>
> Same for all the functions you're adding new parameters to.
>
> Or you can try to convince me that maintainting binary compatibilty is not needed :D

I don't really feel up to the task of convincing you. :D
The only point I can come up with is that your comment in ab96e0c07def2f572a8bb3e32f90e597e6761627 <https://phabricator.kde.org/R223:ab96e0c07def2f572a8bb3e32f90e597e6761627> indicates that that commit //might// have broken binary compatibility already and thus it might be worth considering bumping the so version anyway (in which case I think this here should no longer be any problem, but I haven't really had to deal with binary compatibility in the past).

Otherwise, I don't mind adding the suggested extra methods.

Will those extra methods then stay there forever or can the methods then be "merged" again once another ABI-incompatible change is done?

Just out of curiosity: Do you know of specific applications/third-party generators,... that use libokularcore?