D7949: Allow to print pdf doc directly into a QPrinter

Michael Weghorn noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 8 21:29:59 GMT 2019

michaelweghorn added a comment.

  Thanks for the explanation!

  There's a GitHub project at https://github.com/giddie/poppler-cairo-backend , but from how I read the related bug report, upstream integration is very unlikely.

  > [...] Probably only a dedicated effort by one of the bigger players (like you guys, Michael), can change that.

  Frankly speaking, unfortunately new "circumstances" make a greater involvement from our side in such a project with limited short-term advantage rather unlikely (speaking just from the "bigger players" perspective, not necessarily my own personal one...).