D7949: Allow to print pdf doc directly into a QPrinter

Michael Weghorn noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 5 18:52:01 GMT 2019

michaelweghorn added a comment.

  I find the approach interesting at least. However, I currently don't know enough of the different Poppler backends to really assess the situation properly. My thought was that it might possibly make sense to add an experimental option to enable this and https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/130235/ **if** the Arthur backend has general advantages over Splash and there was the plan to get it "production-ready". Can anybody quickly explain what the situation and plan with those backends is or is that too complex?