D7962: Implement several new print scaling options

Oliver Sander noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 24 05:23:57 BST 2018

sander added a comment.

  > because gating these scaling options behind Force rasterization is not very user friendly

  Indeed.

  To be honest, this sounds like even more magic than what is happening right now.  And it will become even more confusing if we ever merge https://phabricator.kde.org/D7949 . Alternative suggestion: I'll let the tooltip hint at the rasterization option.

  > When using Scale to: Full page, it might be nice if some warning text could appear below the combobox notifying the user that the document may get cut off at the edges if it does not include its own margins.

  Isn't that obvious?  Besides, there are other ways to cut off your document too (e.g. print A3 document onto A4 paper with scaling turned off).

  > What is the relationship between the two options? For example, if I choose Scale Mode: None and Scale to: Printable Area, I don't have a clear picture of what will happen. The first one seems to imply that there will be no scaling, but the second one allows me to choose what the scaling target will be. It seems like Scale Mode: None should disable the second one, but it doesn't.

  The difference between 'none, printable area'  and 'none, full page' is the position on the page where the document is printed too.