D15301: Use std::unique_ptr for two private data members

Tobias Deiminger noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 8 09:30:18 BST 2018

tobiasdeiminger added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> pageviewannotator.cpp:515
> +                    selection.reset();
> +                    std::unique_ptr<Okular::RegularAreaRect> newselection( m_pageView->textSelectionForItem( item(), start, end ) );
>                      if ( newselection && !newselection->isEmpty() )

This assumes `m_pageView->textSelectionForItem` transfers ownership for the returned `RegularAreaRect*`. That's actually true, but we can only tell it by looking at the code inside `TextPage::textArea`.

Would be nice if we could make ownership explicit throughout the call chain. But I'm afraid it's problematic because `TextPage::textArea` is part of public interface and we don't want to change it?

If you can't change it, just go on. It's not a problem introduced by your patch but already existed before.