D16364: Resolve symlinks before saving so we don't "break" them

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 21 23:18:37 BST 2018

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  Thanks for the patch! However this does not actually work for me. See the following video (taken with the patch applied): F6342100: doesn't work.webm <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6342100>

  I think `realSaveUrl.toLocalFile()` needs to be `saveUrl.toLocalFile()`. Then it works.

INLINE COMMENTS

> part.cpp:2540
> +    // Figure out the real save url, for symlinks we don't want to copy over the symlink but over the target file
> +    const QUrl realSaveUrl = saveUrl.isLocalFile() ? QUrl::fromLocalFile( QFileInfo( realSaveUrl.toLocalFile() ).canonicalFilePath() )
> +                                                   : saveUrl;

Shouldn't `realSaveUrl.toLocalFile()` be `saveUrl.toLocalFile()`?