"Save copy as" option

Dominique Delande Dominique.Delande at lkb.upmc.fr
Wed Oct 10 20:11:26 BST 2018

Unfortunately, the directory where I would like to save the file is
often much more than one click away, if it is far from my homedir.
If I have few files to save, the "Save as" option starts each time in
/tmp, which is penible. The old "Save copy as" option remembered the
last directory used, which is more convenient (less clicks).
Previous version of okular had both "Save as" and "Save copy as".
Also, many other software have these two options which have different
use cases.

Best regards

Dominique

El dimarts, 9 d’octubre de 2018, a les 11:09:54 CEST, Dominique Delande
va escriure:
 > Thank you for producing okular, which I use every day |-).
 > In old versions of okular (e.g. version packaged with Debian Stretch),
 > there was a very useful option "Save copy as". This made it possible to
 > simply save a PDF file downloaded from a browser. In such a case, with
 > the option "Save as", okular proposes to save in /tmp, which is VERY
 > inconvenient.
 > Apparently, the "Save copy as" option has recently disappeared; it is no
 > longer present in version 1.3.3 used bu Ubuntu 18.04.
 > Any plans to restore this extremely useful option?

"Save copy as" is just "Save as" now.

I don't understand why proposing /tmp (which is where the file lives) is
so inconvenient, your home or whatever you prefer is just a click away
on the save dialog using the left sidebar, no?

    Dominique Delande (Dominique.Delande at lkb.upmc.fr)
    Laboratoire Kastler-Brossel - Case 74 - Universite P. et M. Curie
    4, place Jussieu, F-75252 Paris Cedex 05, FRANCE
    Phone : +33 1 44 27 27 97 - Fax : +33 1 44 27 38 45
    Acces : Tour 13, Couloir 12-13, 3eme etage - Bureau 316