D17054: Retina Support for MacOS

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 21 09:56:38 GMT 2018

rjvbb requested changes to this revision.
rjvbb added a comment.

  Actually, I realise this patch too is a somewhat stripped down version of a patch I've been using for a long time in my MacPorts packaging for Okular:

  https://github.com/RJVB/macstrop/blob/master/kf5/kf5-okular/files/patch-open-docs-from-Finder.diff

  This diff is simply named wrong. Hidpi (retina) support is only one of the purposes of this custom Info.plist . In addition to that it also adds support for configuring the copyright message, adds the indicator that Carbon is required (mostly for good measure) and above all, registers what kind of documents the application can handle with LaunchServices (read: the Finder). That was the initial purpose of using a custom Info.plist, the other changes are just icing on the cake. FWIW, that `CFBundleDocumentTypes` is pointless without a change to the code, handling `QEvent::FileOpen` (see the shell.cpp diff in the linked patch).