D16457: Avoid crash during session restore

Tobias Deiminger noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 1 20:45:40 GMT 2018

tobiasdeiminger added a comment.

  In D16457#350089 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16457#350089>, @aacid wrote:

  > I.e. if desiredTab is 4 but openinng url 1 fails we need to use 3 as desiredTab and not 4.

  @aacid With D16457 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16457> applied, Okular already behaves as I would expect.

  For example, let's say we've got

    ActiveTab=3
    Urls[$e]=file:$HOME/file1.pdf,file:$HOME/file2.pdf,$HOME/file3.pdf,$HOME/file4.pdf

  where file1.pdf is non-readable and fails to open. ActiveTab=3 means "make the 4th tab active" (because 0-based). And what actually happens is, 4th tab becomes active. The 1st tab for file1.pdf is allocated too, but non-active and empty. Imo this behavior is good. Can you confirm this?

  Without D16457 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16457> applied and running in my old non-segfault-reproducing-environment, Okular always makes the failed tab active. No matter what ActiveTab is set to. Maybe that's what you had observed?