D10932: [Okular] Option to reset forms

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 14 22:42:39 UTC 2018

aacid added a comment.

  In D10932#225740 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10932#225740>, @ahmadosama wrote:

  > Regarding the undo/redo stacks, the undo/redo command will not undo the whole reset, it will undo widgets somehow randomly.
  >  RadioButtons in the same page will be in the same undo command, as for TextLineEdit each single widget will be added separately to the undo/redo stack.
  >
  > So triggering the reset action will result in adding several commands to the undo stack not just one, I am currently thinking of how to make the whole undo in a single command in the stack.

  So how this typically works is a QUndoCommand that holds all the other QUndoCommand

  > Also, the "Reset Forms" and "Show Forms/Hide Forms" buttons are stacked beside each other, the user can easily mistake by clicking the "Reset" button instead of the "Show Forms" Button.

  I'd just remove it from the top bar, i don't see why we need reset forms in there.

  > I am currently thinking about fixing this too.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ahmadosama wrote in part.cpp:3359
> I added it to show the "reset forms" button in the displayed message, beside the "Show Forms" button.

I don't think that's a good idea, do you think resetting the forms is as common as showing/hiding them?

> part.rc:50
>      <Action name="view_toggle_forms"/>
> +    <Action name="view_reset_forms"/>
>    </Menu>

You need to increase the version number at the top of the file.