D13203: Add Typewriter annotation tool in Okular

Dileep Sankhla noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jun 8 08:30:27 UTC 2018

dileepsankhla added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> tobiasdeiminger wrote in editannottooldialog.cpp:128
> So from now on ALL annotations (even ink, highlight, inline note etc) that are created by a user-defined tool will store color as #AARRGGBB in *.okular document archive, right? Formerly it was #RRGGBB.
>
> What will happen if user A with new Okular saves an inline note to mydoc.okular and sends mydoc.okular to user B who has an older Okular version. Will the older version be able to deal with #AARRGGBB? How is it vice versa, user B sending something to user A?
>
> If this change is indeed forwards and backwards compatible, I think it's good to go this way. We prepare other annotations types for transparency without destroying something. Then we should however also adapt the color=... attributes of the default tools in tools.xml to the new #AARRGGBB format, for the sake of consistency.

There is no any problem in the newer Okular version as what I have found is that it respects both #RRGGBB and #AARRGGBB formats. I don't know about the older version but it should be both forward and backward compatible. And I agree there should be consistency in the color formats.
So if we adopt the new color format in the default tools in tools.xml, do we need to alter all the color entries? Or is it okay to have two color formats?