D13203: Add Typewriter annotation tool in Okular

Tobias Deiminger noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 4 14:00:18 UTC 2018

tobiasdeiminger added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> editannottooldialog.cpp:128
>
> -    const QString color = m_stubann->style().color().name();
> +    const QString color = m_stubann->style().color().name(QColor::HexArgb);
>      const QString opacity = QString::number( m_stubann->style().opacity() );

So from now on ALL annotations (even ink, highlight, inline note etc) that are created by a user-defined tool will store color as #AARRGGBB in *.okular document archive, right? Formerly it was #RRGGBB.

What will happen if user A with new Okular saves an inline note to mydoc.okular and sends mydoc.okular to user B who has an older Okular version. Will the older version be able to deal with #AARRGGBB? How is it vice versa, user B sending something to user A?

If this change is indeed forwards and backwards compatible, I think it's good to go this way. We prepare other annotations types for transparency without destroying something. Then we should however also adapt the color=... attributes of the default tools in tools.xml to the new #AARRGGBB format, for the sake of consistency.