D13203: Add Typewriter annotation tool in Okular

Dileep Sankhla noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 18 20:59:12 BST 2018

dileepsankhla added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> sander wrote in annots.cpp:182
> 1.) yes
>
> 2. You need to write a test that sets the HAVE_POPPLER_0_67 flag. Have a look at that CMakeLists.txt file.  It contains calls to check_cxx_source_compiles. Each call contains a small C++ program and a HAVE_POPPLER_*** flag. The build system tries to compile the program, and if that works, then the flag is set.  You need to write a new call that tests for your setTextColor method, and set the HAVE_POPPLER_0_67 flat.

I have added the following lines in generator/poppler/CMakeLists.txt:

  check_cxx_source_compiles("
  #include <poppler-qt5.h>
  #include <QColor>
  int main()
  {
      Poppler::TextAnnotation *annot = new Poppler::TextAnnotation( Poppler::TextAnnotation::InPlace );
      annot->setTextColor(Qt::blue);
      return 0;
  }
  " HAVE_POPPLER_0_67)

The typewriter text is created with the desired color but whenever I move the annotation, the text color falls back to "black". It means in ```PopplerAnnotationProxy::notifyModification```,  ```ppl_txtann->setTextColor( okl_txtann->textColor() );``` is never get called. Why is this happening even after setting the flag in both CMakeLists.txt and annots.cpp?