D9328: Add support for cancellable image rendering and text extraction

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 31 11:19:33 UTC 2018

aacid added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9328#198101, @rkflx wrote:

  > > Ok, i found how to reproduce too and this should be fixed now.
  >

  > Can confirm, and I just noticed that simply running `make test` would've found this problem too (I kinda assumed you ran this, so did not check again).
  >
  > However, the autotests still have lots of issues (at least for me). As an example, `./autotests/parttest testReload` results in
  >
  >   Thread 1 "parttest" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
  >   0x00007ffff74c1930 in Okular::TextPageGenerationThread::abortExtraction (this=0x0)
  >       at okular/core/generator_p.cpp:113
  >

  > Could you recheck?

  Wops, the code assumed that there would be always a text generation thread but that's not necessarily true on the tests. fixed.

  Also fixed a different crash that happened on the tests (and at least this one seems like a real bug).

  So good thing we have tests.... i should run them more often :D

  >  ---

  >> […]
  >
  > Ok, thanks for the explanation, makes sense. It's not ideal, but good enough for now in my book. Maybe add a note to the commit message?

  Ok, added a small blurb.