D9692: Improve message displayed when PDF wants to open in presentation mode

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 6 07:49:39 UTC 2018

rkflx requested changes to this revision.
rkflx added a comment.

  You should open a 48h bugfixing service ;)

  Example PDF (via https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/219791): F5623940: presentation_mode.pdf <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5623940>

INLINE COMMENTS

> part.cpp:1627
>          {
> -            const QString text = i18n( "The document requested to be launched in presentation mode.\n"
> -                                       "Do you want to allow it?" );
> +            const QString text = i18n( "This document wants to be shown in presentation mode. Enter presentation mode now?" );
>              const QString caption = i18n( "Presentation Mode" );

While testing, I thought "The last sentence should be on a new line", because a narrower dialog would be easier to read. And indeed, looking at the code there was a line break before. Please keep it.

> part.cpp:1630
> +            const KGuiItem yesItem = KGuiItem( i18n( "Enter" ), QStringLiteral("dialog-ok"), i18n( "Enter presentation mode" ) );
> +            const KGuiItem noItem = KGuiItem( i18n( "Stay" ), QStringLiteral("process-stop"), i18n( "Stay in normal mode" ) );
>              const int result = KMessageBox::questionYesNo( widget(), text, caption, yesItem, noItem );

Why not just Cancel? Seems more common to me.

Perhaps use `KStandardGuiItem::cancel()` and manually `setToolTip()`?