D14904: TOC: Add collapse/expand options

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 20 18:01:14 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D14904#312035 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14904#312035>, @Lekensteyn wrote:

  > It was copied from Kate and sounded natural to me, but there is likely some bias there ;)

  Aha! Then it would be nice to improve this for Kate too, once we settle on a final wording here. :)

  In D14904#312035 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14904#312035>, @Lekensteyn wrote:

  > Couldn't this be confused for the default action (collapsing a single item)? "Expand whole section" seems more accurate, but it still does not sound perfect though. What about "Expand subtrees"?

  "Expand subtrees" is probably still too technical. I like "Expand/collapse whole section" though.

  In D14904#312035 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14904#312035>, @Lekensteyn wrote:

  > As the actions are very closely related, I think that less separators would look better. I could still add it if you prefer that?

  I think the reason why my brain wants some separation there is because right now the four new items look very similar to one another in the menu, which impairs my ability to quickly scan. If you used different icons for the different actions, that would probably help.