D14904: TOC: Add collapse/expand options

Peter Wu noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 20 15:05:30 BST 2018

Lekensteyn added a comment.

  Hi Nathaniel, thank you for your feedback!

  In D14904#311975 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14904#311975>, @ngraham wrote:

  > "Recursively" is a programmer jargon word that most people don't understand.

  It was copied from Kate and sounded natural to me, but there is likely some bias there ;)

  > How about these instead:
  >
  >   Expand this section
  >   Collapse this section

  Couldn't this be confused for the default action (collapsing a single item)? "Expand whole section" seems more accurate, but it still does not sound perfect though. What about "Expand subtrees"?

  > Expand everything
  >  Collapse everything
  >
  >   Also, could we put a separator between the first two items and the second two items?

  As the actions are very closely related, I think that less separators would look better. I could still add it if you prefer that?