D7714: Show dialog to ask when closing when more than tab open

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 9 17:57:59 UTC 2017

rkflx added a subscriber: colomar.
rkflx added a comment.

  > What part of "Are you sure you want to quit" Yes/No you find ambiguous?

  KDE's HIG says

    Label command buttons with an imperative verb.

  and also

    Use descriptive button labels instead of standard Yes/No or OK/Cancel buttons. For example, if the user must choose to continue or stop an action, provide the buttons "Continue" and "Cancel".

  and IIRC there was even a time when a lot of KDE dialogs were converted from Yes/No style to a more action oriented style.

  > This has nothing to do with "this window", it's about the application itself being closed.

  Try opening multiple Okular windows with tabs and quit. Only one window (from the perspective of the user) will be closed.

  > Why is warning better?

  The "i" in the icon stands for "information", but in reality you are asking the user to pick between two buttons (the "warning" icons signals "attention, decide between two things!" with the imperative literally depicted by "!") Of course, a question mark would also work (maybe even better).

  > That's why firefox wording that i copied is much better

  Fair enough. It would be a nice touch if you could also change it in Dolphin then, though.

  > that doesn't have anything to do with this, we have multiple "don't ask me again" already, so this can't be a blocker.

  I thought it was a relevant question, so I brought it up. I'm sorry you feel attacked.

  ---

  For the rest, let's see if @colomar has any tips.