D7671: Fix automatic reload of files saved with QSaveFile

Julian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 5 09:03:35 UTC 2017

progwolff added a comment.

  Okay, I modified KDirWatch so we actually get a dirty signal for the directory.

  Now a new problem arised.
  QSaveFile does not delete and recreate the file as we thought. It just moves the swap file to the old file's location.
  On move, KDirWatch still sends a "created" signal for the file and a dirty signal for the directory, but the file exists all the time. This is why Okular fails to notice that the file changed as long as we don't listen for the "created" signal.