D7671: Fix automatic reload of files saved with QSaveFile

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 4 21:55:19 UTC 2017

aacid added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7671#142933, @progwolff wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7671#142826, @aacid wrote:
  >
  > > I don't know who told you this is the correct behaviour of kdirwatch, but i kind of disagree.
  > >
  > > Since we're not watching the file but *also* the folder.
  >

  > From the KDirWatch class reference:
  >
  > > void KDirWatch::dirty	(	const QString & 	path	)	signal
  > >  Emitted when a watched object is changed.
  > >
  > > For a directory this signal is emitted when files therein are created or deleted. [...]
  > >
  > > When you watch a directory, changes in the size or attributes of contained files may or may not trigger this signal to be emitted depending on which backend is used by KDirWatch.
  >
  > So, let's assume we have a file `path/file` loaded in Okular and we watch the directory `path` for changes. We remove `file` and create a new file named `file`. The directory `path` will get dirty, as a new file is created.
  >  This means, a signal `dirty("path")` is emitted. However, Okular does not reload the document when the signal `dirty("path")` is received, but waits for a signal `dirty("path/file")`.

  No, the code doesn't wait *only* for a dirty for path/file, read Part::slotFileDirty better

  The problem here is that dirty for the path is not being emitted, https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-frameworks-devel/2017-August/048813.html if the dirty for the dir was getting emitted on delete and on addition i'm positive this would work.