D8863: Give warnings when the file is modified externally

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 19 07:24:50 UTC 2017

rkflx added a comment.

  Thanks for proofreading.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8863#169475, @ngraham wrote:

  > write the working copy in Okular back to disk, overwriting what the other program did.

  There is no such thing. You'll see this when opening a multi-page document and overwriting it with something completely different. After this, when moving to the next page or when zooming you will only see blank pages (plus what you added yourself). Okular/Poppler only has cached tiles, but not the actual data.

  Do we have a bugzilla to save annotations to an external file? FDF or something (not sure whether only for forms or also annotations)? In that case, we could at least refer to that if this was implemented.