D8863: Give warnings when the file is modified externally

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 19 03:40:46 UTC 2017

ngraham added a comment.

  > This is in stark contrast to Kate and LibreOffice, where you are allowed to save back to disk:

  Right, that's what I originally thought this was all about. If the user can't, then this whole interface is almost rubbing salt in the wound: they're informed that they're in a situation they can't escape from and given no good options. If possible, we should really try to find a way to offer an option to write the working copy in Okular back to disk, overwriting what the other program did.

INLINE COMMENTS

> aacid wrote in part.cpp:1720
> There's no such thing as "the copy in memory" (at least for PDF that is really what matters at this stage)
>
> "modified" is not clear if it's the old or new version, something like "new version" makes more sense

That sounds fine.