D8642: Rework saving of annotations and form data

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 13 16:38:41 UTC 2017

rkflx added a comment.

  > Ah, you want save to be only enabled when the file has been modified? I don't see this being a common pattern for the Save action , e.g. kate doesn't do that, libreoffice doesn't do that.

  Indeed, I missed this (still consider it a bug, though). LibreOffice used to do that, but they had to change that (and caused some uproar) when changing the button to a split button (i.e. with a menu below). In general disabling is a common pattern, I remember it from older versions of MS Office. But I agree, let's not change it for Okular. If there is support to change that globally, it should be done in a coordinated manner someday.

  > Yes, cp has this problem. This problem is on the other hand not new, if with the "old" version of okular you do the same, you will have exactly the same problem.

  The old Okular only had Save As, and as this works fine with the newer Okular I assume it worked fine too with the older? In any case, I agree that's not a blocker.

  ---

  Thanks for fixing a lot of the problems so far, let me know if/when I should verify the fixes or test again before this goes in (and by when you'd want me to do this).