D6268: HiDPI Support for Okular

Lukas Hetzenecker noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 3 15:07:25 UTC 2017

hetzenecker added a comment.

  Thanke for your feedback.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D6268#121135, @aacid wrote:

  > I would very much prefer if you didn't break the ABI of the files in core/
  >
  > Also not sure why you need to pass the devicepixel ratio up and down, isn't it the same basically in all the app?

  Yes and no. While it would be possible to use `qApp->devicePixelRatio()` (as I've done in `mobile/components`), this would return the highest pixel ratio in the system, in case there are more physical screens with different Scale Factors connected.
  So, as alternative `QScreen::devicePixelRatio` could be used to return the DPR of the screen the application is shown. I'm not sure yet if this is possible without changing the ABI, but I'll try to.