D7595: Skip reload when another reload is already in progress

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 28 23:49:01 UTC 2017

rkflx added a comment.

  Do you suggest I should write my own bool-based RAII wrapper, which would be racy, less efficient, buggy, more verbose and harder to read? Using a mutex solves the maintainability risk outlined in https://phabricator.kde.org/D7495#141032 with no costs. Also, when researching this, I got the impression that a mutex is more customary when locking is involved (which is what we are doing here).