D6696: Fix cut off text in sidebar header, remove restricted max width

Henrik F. noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 6 12:36:58 UTC 2017

rkflx added a comment.

  >   setMaximumWidth( 600 * QGuiApplication::devicePixelRatio )

  Suprisingly, this is not needed at all. The scaling is already working in HiDPI mode, still restricted to 600px*scalefactor though. I'll modify my argument to concern ultrawide screens so it still stands, along with the cutting-off problem.

  > Should we artificially restrict min and max widths?

  I'm genuinely interested in your reasoning for keeping min and max width restrictions. Maybe I have missed an important aspect in my arguments against them? I'd be glad if you can point it out, so I could learn something and improve my patch.