[Okular-devel] Building on Windows

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 10 10:01:17 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 01:19:39 +0100
Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> El Wednesday 09 March 2016, a les 17:16:10, Thomas Friedrichsmeier va
> escriure:

[...]

> The knowledgeable people here are not just sitting iddle, waiting for
> somethign to do either.

Didn't mean to imply that. Just pointing out that currently, _if_ you
care about your app being available on Windows, you should be prepared
to invest some work on that, yourself.

Well, "my" app can make good (optional) use of okularpart, and having
a solid Windows port _is_ a priority to us. So I am willing to invest
some time, and so I'm doing what I can, but also that still cannot
substitute for somebody more familiar with okular to invest the effort
it takes to get a Windows VM up and running.

[visibility problem]

> If the problem is the mobile part, you may as well leave it out for
> now.

Good to know. However, I think I have found out how to fix this part,
meanwhile. Review request will follow.

> > Part 3, name of the lib probably just needs some cmake setting, but
> > actually, ui/shell.cpp has a code-comment wrt loading the plugin
> > that might just point to a cleaner solution.
>
> Nice :)

By which I meant, perhaps somebody from your team might be interested
in re-reading that and implementing a cleaner solution for plugin
to CMakeLists.txt, instead, though.

Regards
Thomas