[Okular-devel] GSOC 2015

saheb preet singh saheb.preet at gmail.com
Mon May 4 11:12:33 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 3:52 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El Dijous, 30 d'abril de 2015, a les 15:11:45, saheb preet singh va
> escriure:
> > Hello Everyone,
>
> Hi!
>
> > Thank you for accepting my proposal in GSOC 2015.
>
> Congrats, now let's make us both proud of the result :)
>
> > I am really excited to contribute in kde and okular in the summer
> vacation
> > this time. This is my first time participation in GSOC.
> >
> > My project is about adding tags, layers and linearization support in
> okular.
> >
> > My development environment is ready and I have been working on the okular
> > code.
>
> Great :)
>
> > I would like to know how should I proceed further and what should be my
> > first steps in GSOC program?
>
> Choose one of the things and start working on it, on a branch in the repo
> and
> blog about it :)

Should I create a new branch or use any existing?

I will start blogging soon.

> I think layers is probably the easiest so i'd suggest starting there.

I just tried to implement layers feature and was able to list the layers
present in document in the left side bar. Although, I did it in a very
adhoc way. We can discuss further on code structure and proper
implementation.

We should find a time to do an IRC meeting to kickstart on this. Does 18:00
> UTC work for you? Any specific day of the week?

Yes, 18:00 UTC is ok for me. Is thursday or friday  ok for you?

Thanks,
Saheb Preet Singh

Cheers,