[Okular-devel] Hash instead of file location

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Mar 31 20:03:32 UTC 2015

El Dilluns, 30 de març de 2015, a les 19:37:11, E. M. Recio va escriure:
> I see what you mean. I rarely open the PDF from the application itself.
> I usually open it by double clicking. If it would calc the md5sum of the
> file while opening it, then it would know that it's already seen the
> file and apply the appropriate attributes/tagging from its corresponding
> XML file. The only down side to this is that it would probably balk at
> large files and take forever to open it.

Yes, calculating the md5 means reading all the file, which is very suboptimal,
also that kind of on-open bookmark updating seems a bit weird since it's
asymetric, i.e. only updates the bookmark once you open that file, but not if
you open a different file and try to open the file from okular

> Also, unrelated note, where can I download plugins (i.e.: to open
> OpenOffice files, etc.) Is there a developer guide to writing plugins in
> case that one doesn't exist?

Calligra includes OpenDocument backends, there's a developer guide at
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdegraphics-apidocs/okular/html/okular_generators.html