[Okular-devel] Season of KDE -- Okular

Sumit Sahrawat, Maths & Computing, IIT (BHU) sumit.sahrawat.apm13 at iitbhu.ac.in
Sun Dec 13 23:02:24 UTC 2015

On 14 December 2015 at 03:51, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El Sunday 13 December 2015, a les 06:16:39, Sumit Sahrawat, Maths &
> Computing,
> IIT va escriure:
> > Well, what about a separate control window, which ends the presentation
> > mode when closed?
>
> Let's think about what people want:
>  * See current page in one screen (presentation)
>  * See some useful information in another screen (time, prev/next page,
> etc).
>
> If you force them to have a separate control window around, they are losing
> screen state for what they really want to do.

Yes, that may be true when there are two displays. But what if there are
more? If somebody is giving a presentation, and three projectors are
connected, they might want all three to display a presentation, and the
monitor(s) to display dashboard(s).

It does sound like a good initial goal though. I'll focus on providing an
option to choose between slides and dashboard from within the presentation
widget. When that is done, we can decide how to deal with multiple displays.

Regards,
  Sumit