[Okular-devel] API change of Generator::generateDocumentSynopsis, documentation needed

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Sep 9 09:45:47 UTC 2014

El Dimarts, 9 de setembre de 2014, a les 11:09:48, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau va
escriure:
> Hi Albert,
>
> recently the API of Okular::Generator was changed, the signature of
> generateDocumentSynopsis(...) changed from
> 	virtual const DocumentInfo * generateDocumentInfo();
> 	virtual DocumentInfo generateDocumentInfo(
> 		const QSet<DocumentInfo::Key> &keys ) const;
> See
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdegraphics/okular/repository/revision
> s/e9e3d4a4353a247290d790b2104740913e0f0f7f
>
> Request:
> As an external provider of Generator plugins (ODT/DOC/DOCX/ODP/PPT/PPTX by
> Calligra) I ask for
> * documenting the purpose of the parameter "keys", unclear to me

It's the keys/data you're being asked for (you can return more but the caller
does not care). Does that make sense now? Any suggestion of which wording
would you use?

> * documenting the Okular version where this variant of method got in

0.21, i.e. still unreleased. Added that to the .h now.

> In exchange I would pay for that with providing a patch to update
> http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdegraphics-apidocs/okular/html/okular_generators
> .html :)

Cool :)