[Okular-devel] Printing options

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Oct 27 21:14:53 UTC 2014

El Dilluns, 27 d'octubre de 2014, a les 10:29:43, Victor Dodon va escriure:
> Hi,

Hi

> I would like to thank you for developing and maintaining Okular.
> It's a very useful and nicely done software that I use and like a lot.

Appreciated :)

> But there were a few times when I needed more functionality in the
> printing dialog: the number of pages per sheet, single/double sided
> printing, etc.
>
> I have a KDE developer account, I've contributed to digiKam before,
> and because I have some free time, I think it would be nice to give
> back something to the opensource community, so I would like to enhance
> the Okular's printing dialog. Can someone guide me on what I need to
> to and what to begin with?

Printing is a complex beast, at the moment we're using QPrinterDialog but for
some files we print via command line instead of via QPrinter.

I guess the first thing you should do is have a look at the new printing
habilities of Qt5 and see if we can fix that (in the frameworks branch), and
after that build up from there.