[Okular-devel] Bug 325650 - reading direction Right to Left

Ganesh Kumar gp29111993 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 03:33:01 UTC 2014

Hi.
I had the use case suggested by Luigi in mind. I didn't know about mangas
as I dont read them, but the proposer of this bug had mentioned that it was
tough to read Urdu/Arabic documents in Okular because of the very same
issue. I was more concerned with that.
The functionality I am trying to implement is a ToggleAction in say, the
Settings Menu. On setting it, if the view mode is Facing Pages, I am going
to swap the columns, like in the picture. On deselecting it, it must revert
to the usual arrangement,

Bug Documentation:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.okular/15473

Expected Output:
http://bugsfiles.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=82675

Current Output:
http://bugsfiles.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=82676

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 3:01 AM, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it>wrote:

> Albert Astals Cid ha scritto:
> > El Diumenge, 30 de març de 2014, a les 16:47:51, Luigi Toscano va
> escriure:
> escriure:
> Left
> 3.
> functionality as
> run

> option.
> >>
> >> I don't use them, but I think that if you read comics (cbr) it could
> happen
> >> to switch from left-to-right to right-to-left and back when you open a
> new
> >> file,
> >
> > Why would you need that?
>
> Because mangas for example are right-to-left, and at least the Italian
> translations are now (in the last 10/15 years) published (paper) according
> the
> original format. I don't know how it works in other countries. Just a
> quick note.
> If this is not the original use case, I'm curious: Ganesh, what was the use
> case you had in mind?
>
> Ciao
> --
> Luigi